Our new Gaga Ball pit is ready! What is Gaga ball? Gaga ball is a fast paced, high energy sport played in an octagonal pit. Known as a safer version of dodge ball, the game is played with a soft rubber ball, and combines the skills of dodging, striking, running, and jumping, while trying to hit opponents with a ball below the knees. Players need to keep moving to avoid getting hit by the ball. Games typically run no more than five minutes. It’s fast and it’s addictive. As soon as you get out, you can’t wait to hop back in!
Jellystone Park Rules for Gaga Ball
The rules are very simple… Several players jump into the octagon pit with a rubber ball and it is everyone for him/herself. If the ball touches you below the knee, you are out and must leave the pit. The last player in the pit wins!
- All players start with one hand touching a wall of the pit.
- The game begins with a referee or player throwing the ball into the center of the pit.
- When the ball enters the pit, the players scream ‘GA’ for the first two bounces, and on the third bounce, the ball is in play.
- Any player can hit the ball with an open or closed hand.
- If a ball touches a player below the knee (even if the player hits himself or herself) he or she is out and must leave the pit.
- If a player is hit above the knees, the play continues.
- If a ball is caught on a fly (doesn’t hit the ground), the player who hit the ball is out.
- If the ball leaves the pit, the player who hit it out.
- Using the walls of the octagon to aid in jumping is legal as long as the player does not sit on the wall of the octagon.
- Players cannot hold the ball.
- If needed, a second ball can be thrown in the pit to expedite the game.
- The last player standing is the winner of that round.
- There is no sitting or standing on the wall.